If I knew then what I know now

Welcome to “Warehouse Setup Best Practices: If I Knew Then What I Know Now…”

They say that experience is the best teacher, and in the world of warehouse management, this couldn’t be truer. If you’ve ever wished you could go back in time and share your hard-earned knowledge about warehouse setup and management with your past self, you’re in the right place. This forum is all about learning from the collective wisdom of experienced professionals in the field and discovering how the Infoplus software can be a game-changer in your journey toward warehouse excellence.

Here, you’ll find posts from fellow warehouse managers and operators who have been in your shoes, faced challenges, made mistakes, and ultimately triumphed through their dedication to continuous improvement. They will share their insights, best tips, and practical tricks they’ve learned along the way, helping you avoid common pitfalls and make informed decisions.

Topics of discussion may include:

• Warehouse layout and organization strategies that yield results
  • Inventory management techniques that save time and reduce errors
  • Automation and technology integration for efficiency gains
  • Tips for boosting staff productivity and morale
  • Cost-effective solutions that bring real value
  • Lessons learned from past experiences
  • How Infoplus software has enhanced warehouse operations

This forum serves as a valuable resource for those who want to tap into the collective knowledge of experienced professionals and explore how Infoplus software can play a pivotal role in optimizing your warehouse setup. Join the conversation, ask questions, and share your own “If I knew then what I know now…” moments. Let’s create a community where we learn from each other’s successes and challenges to excel in the ever-evolving world of warehouse management.

Your journey toward warehouse excellence begins here. Welcome aboard!

4 Likes

Added featured-posts

For us, usings scripts and the API to build custom tools and connections has been really helpful. Getting to know JavaScript and how you can expand the software beyond just Infoplus. We use custom scripts for business/carrier rules, order data/organization, and even our billing code generation. The Warehouse Apps Script can add a lot of functionality to inventory relocation and pack/ship station as well if you can work with HTML.

3 Likes

I love this! The most important thing I learned about Infoplus Scripts was this, "Infoplus Scripts are written using JavaScript. However, this JavaScript is executed inside a Java virtual machine on the Infoplus backend (specifically, at the time of this writing, the script engine is Rhino 1.7.7.1).

This means that while you can always use JavaScript syntax (if, for, try, var, function, etc), you may not always be working with JavaScript objects - rather - sometimes the objects you have access to are Java objects (and at the time of this writing, Java 8). " Which is from the introduction to scripts article.

3 Likes